Many years ago when our sweet 7 year old chose a team name, we became Trey’s Avengers. Because what seven year old doesn’t love a good superhero! Since then, it feels like we have been them all. We can’t help but feel very thankful that Marvel continues to pop out their movies and add to their universe, so that we can add to ours. Seriously Marvel, thank you!
So here we are in our 7th year and we have had some super fun themes for our team:
- 2013 – Hulk – Smashing Diabetes (green)
- 2014 – Captain America – Slashing Diabetes (bright blue)
- 2015 – Iron Man – Attacking Type 1 Diabetes (maroon)
- 2016 – Thor – Hammering Type 1 Diabetes (gray)
- 2017 – Wolverine – Slashing Type 1 Diabetes (dark blue)
- 2018 – Spiderman – Fight Type 1 Diabetes (red)
Where does that leave us? Ok, lets be honest, we are running low on the good ones. But we still have a few more up our sleeves and this one is pretty fun. So announcing for 2019:
Rocket Racoon – Rocketing to a Cure!
Look at that, even that model looks happy about it! We can’t wait to rock these with Trey on Walk Day. If you are there, come find us – your generosity has already earned us a tent on Donor Row and we are already planning a fun Guardians of the Galaxy themed photo booth.
Thank you for all your support and all you do for Trey’s Avengers and the JDRF. Walk Day is just one month from today – so yes, there is still time! Looking to donate? You can click the DONATE NOW button on the top menu bar and it will take you there!